Snehal Kank is a visual designer, artist, and dog lover on WordPress and you can see her beautiful work on her blog. She’s nominated me for a Liebster Award. This isn’t the first time I’ve been nominated, and in the past, I never had the time to follow up with it, but this time, well … the timing is right. Thanks, Snehal!
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, as a way of promoting and recognizing their efforts and accomplishments. With this award, I’ve answered a few questions Snehal has asked and in return have selected a set of nominees and posed a few questions for them. Here we go …
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate up to 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominated.
- Copy and paste the rules to your post.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Snehal asked me:
- Describe yourself in few words or Picture.This is a photo of me taken today …
- What does painting mean to you? It’s a form of self-expression and way to create visual sensations. It’s visceral and powerful. It’s something I am passionate about and want to do for the rest of my life.
- How do you find your happiness? Happiness happens when I tune into the moment and turn off negativity. It happens when I least expect. It happens in small things, in small ways, in big things, and big ways. Happiness happens the best and the most when it’s shared. I find happiness in art, in play, in work, and at home.
- What is your favorite medium (oil, acrylics, watercolor or any other) for painting?I’d have to say watercolor pan paints – they’re so easy to transport, set up, and work with – for ease and convenience, and I’d have to say I like them the best for their effects, the way the paper glows through the color and how the colors can be layered. I like pan sets with LOTS of colors. One day, I will treat myself to a big, expensive set. For now, I am fine with whatever I can find or get.
- What is your favorite social media? (to promote your art)
I like Pinterest. It’s a great way to share inspiration and sort of like having a million magazines right at my fingertips. I like curating ideas, photography, artworks, and much more on Pinterest as well as promoting my work as a blogger and artist. It all melds together and flows, one into the other.
- What is your favorite seasonal activity? Living in Florida now, it feels like the whole year is seasonally summer – but I’d have to say gardening. And that definitely has a cycle here – with now being a great time to plant. I am starting a garden in the center of our lawn and it feels like a work of art – well, not yet, as everything is so small and needs to flourish, but definitely a stage in a work of art – with nature and a higher being definitely contributing!
- Which country would you like to visit and why?Italy. I’ve been to most of Europe (UK, Spain, France) and Italy is next on the list.
I want to visit the Amalfi coast and paint what I see there.
- Which brands do you recommend for other artists? ( colors, papers and brushes etc.)I’d like to promote Crayola fine tip water soluble markers – Target sells them. They’re made in Italy, too, I think! They’re great for sketching and playing around. Lots of great colors. You don’t have to spend a lot to be creative. And these markers are very affordably priced.
- How do you find inspiration for your artwork?Nature is full of inspiration. I just take a walk outside.
- How frequently do you write a post on your blog? Every day or every other day!
Now, I’d like to nominate:
A lot of my blogger friends have already been there done that with this award so I am trying to pick bloggers who this award might be new to (how’d I do?).
My questions for these bloggers are …
- What gift does blogging give you?
- What do you cherish more: “Likes” or comments?
- Have you met anyone who reads your blog but would otherwise have been a stranger?
- Do you like blog posts with lots of words or lots of pictures and why?
- What time of day do you like to write or create your blog posts?
- Have you ever felt the need to blog but didn’t know what to post?
- How personal do you get with your posts – tell all, I’m an open book, give a little glimpse, somewhat in between?
- Did you ever read or see a blog post that totally changed your attitude or how you felt that day?
- What direction do you plan to take your blog in moving forward?
- Are you working on any blog challenges at the moment and if so, what kind?